Saturday, April 9, 2011

Need a little knitting incentive??

Classic Elite Yarns Sweater Manana, knit in Sprout (photo courtesy of Classic Elite Yarns, 857629793seaside-manana-lg.jpg)

Windsor Button is the place to go if you'd like to participate in the Classic Elite Yarn Knit-a-long. Here's the info you'll need:

Who YOU!! 

What You must register your name, pattern, yarn, and give permission for photos to be taken of your final project. Project should use at least two balls of CEY. Pattern needs to be from the 2011 CEY pattern books. In order to participate, yarn must be purchased at Windsor Button. Yarn labels must be submitted with project by July 30, 2011

When Register by April 30, 2011. Complete your project by July 30, 2011. 

Where  Windsor Button, 35 Temple Place, Boston, MA 617-482-4969

Why Windsor will give you a 10% discount on all materials for the project. 

Why Win! Win! Win one gift basket of knitting products worth $100. 

I am excited to take part in this Knit-a-long! I have been making a lot of sweaters lately, but now I'll have some competition!

Swatching

Manana cardigan
I bought a skein of Sprout in New Navy, a delicious shade of bright blue, combined with purple. This bulky yarn is 100% organic cotton and has a kind of corrugated twist to it. It knit up quickly on size 9 needles and I like how the the fabric turned out.

Geranium cardigan
I got a skein of Katydid in Carmine, a soft shade of brick red. This ribbon yarn is 100% cotton. I like this pattern a lot, but I will probably make it longer.

Plan of Action
Choose one sweater pattern!
Get into Windsor Button soon to register, get supplies, and begin.
Maybe pick up Wee Ones, the kids pattern book. Lots of cute, more contemporary patterns for babies and kids.

I hope I have inspired you to join this Knit-a-long! It should be fun, and maybe you'll win!

No comments: