Strawberries, oranges and balsamic glaze



Strawberries in balsamic glaze

Since I did not take a picture of this event, I found this image on a food blog with glowing praise for the same cookbook!
Big Mario food blog

I have decided I need to do more blogging about cooking, or in this case, cutting and peeling. Last night I made a delicious and unusual dessert (we normally go cuckoo for chocolate). It is another recipe found in the Skinny Italian cookbook.

Hull and slice 2 cups of strawberries. 
Peel three oranges and slice. Try to get rid of the rind and skin as you slice.I used blood oranges. 
In a small saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar with two tablespoons brown sugar until the sugar dissolves. 
Let it cool a bit.
Spoon fruit into dessert cups.
Drizzle glaze over the fruit.
Yum!

Comments

Patricia said…
Erin, Looks wonderful. Last year I discovered (don't remember where) the wonderful combination of balsamic vinegar and strawberries. I slice the berries and mix them with some balsamic vinegar and then let them macerate. Later...I put them on a scoop of vanilla ice cream, sprinkle some brown sugar on top and then toss on a few walnuts. Divine! I like the idea of dissolving the brown sugar in the vinegar. I think the addition of blood oranges would be wonderful. Thanks for the ideas.
Amy said…
I've made almost the same thing! But on pears... Which I ate with camembert. Strawberries looks really *really* good!

Popular Posts