Saturday, May 28, 2011

Success Saturday!!

I have a Saturday routine and I am loving how it has going over the past two months. You see I am  member of Weight Watchers and have been on the plan for 2 1/2 years. I was in a slump where I lost and regained the same four pounds. Until Haymarket !

Haymarket is a local farmer's market in the heart of the city. You can get fresh produce at dirt cheap prices and taste a slice of city life as you shop.

So, if you have read any of the food posts, you might deduce that I am cooking a lot more lately, and using lots of fresh veggies and fruit. Well, it has changed my life. I shop better, cook healthier, and consequently, have lost 17 pounds since mid February!!! YAY!! ( I want to get a recording of the Stash and Burn hosts who have a unique "Yay" that always makes me smile while listening to their podcasts).


I reward myself at my favorite LYS after my meeting, and I have been getting lots of rewards lately!!! I shop at Windsor Button and I love going in there, even if only to pick up a magazine or peruse the ideas table for my next project and supplies. Today I picked up the latest Vogue Knitting magazine (Early Fall... what the heck???). I also got a new booklet from Classic Elite Yarns called High Seas. There is a beautiful shawl made from Silky Alpaca Lace yarn called Parkhurst.


I know it is crazy, but I need to admit to what I have on the needles right now. I have one front panel left to finish my Manana sweater, I just cast on Tea Leaves in Madelinetosh Baltic colorway. I am also motoring through my Nigh Duck bag, made with a gift of yarn from Evelyn , a member of the Blog Hub Group.

So now, like a crazy person, successful in the weight loss game, I am casting on yet another project! The Parkhurst  was appealing to me once I saw the colors in the Silky Alpaca Lace. I chose go with a variegated burnt orange, olive and cherry colorway that will look nice next to the cherry pink solid . Last week, when the shop owner steered me in the direction of this yarn, I looked and said "Uh oh". I knew it was a "must have" project. Lucky for me, I was successful at weigh-in this morning! I think I will reflect on that as I knit this shawl. Any kind of positive thinking helps, right?

I have so many projects that I want to get cast on, but will have to wait until I get at least two of these finished. I predict it will be the Manana and the Nigh duck bag, but the Tea Leaves is such a hypnotizing pattern, that I may finish that first!

What's your passion project these days??

2 comments:

Patricia said...

Wow...your happy energy just leaped off the computer screen! Good for you. There is nothing more invigorating than reaching goals. I looked at your wips and am inspired. Someday I too will have enough confidence to graduate from Joann's to a specialty yarn shop. Right now I am making the February Lady sweater for my mom's birthday.

Evelyn said...

Yipee! I'm so happy for you, Erin, and congratulate you a hundred-fold. I love that you are cooking more and that your weight loss is connected to eating fresh food -- that's the best way to get healthy. It was great to read your post as I've been feeling overwhelmed by my many WIPs, too, and just made a commitment this morning (out loud!) that I would finish at least two of my near-complete projects TODAY! So, let's keep cheering each other on....