Yarn Swap/Project Adventure Idea

The Ravelry Blog Hub Group has sponsored a swap of yarn with other participating bloggers. The participants have been challenged to blog about the skein they received,  then they will create a project or stitch sample with the yarn.

On Saturday I discovered a fat envelope from parts unknown in my mailbox. Evelyn, aka ProjectstashEL and blogger at www.projectstash.blogspot.com was my swap partner. 

She sent me a skein of Debbie Stoller's  Stitch Nation Full o' Sheep in clementine. This medium weight wool has a deep, orange color with a nice bit of bloom on the yarn. As it sits here next to me, I wonder what does it want to be? Which pattern will bring out the fuzzy feature to its fullest advantage?



I have been working from Seaside, a Classic Elite Yarn pattern booklet, and there is a cabled bag that would be a great candidate. It is called Nigh Duck and looks like the perfect summer tote. I think finding a complimentary fabric for the lining will be fun.

I'll keep you posted as to how things develop. Thanks Evelyn!


Comments

Patricia said…
That is a whole new concept for me...get the yarn first and then ask it, "What does it want to be?" I am stuck in the...find a pattern first and then hunt for a yarn mentality. Can't wait to see the final product.
Voie de Vie said…
Oooh, if there's enough yardage in the skein, that bag would be perfect. I can see it with some nice leather handles.

You know, I have a skein in a different color ... you've now got me thinking ... :)
Erin_in_Boston said…
Voie de Vie: I know that this bag will take two skeins. I am not sure if I can buy another and still fit within the parameters of the challenge, but that is the likely project so far. Need to cast on and see what gauge I will get.
Evelyn said…
I'm so glad you like the skein ... not sure you'll have enough for that fabulous bag but maybe you can scale it down and make a mini-version of it? Happy knitting!
PandaBearofDoom said…
The color is amazing I can't wait to get my package XD...
As the official mama of the swap, I say yes, you can buy or use another skein from your stash for the project :)! The color looks great and I love the bag pattern too.
sockknitter1215 said…
Great project idea for this yarn! I can't wait until my swap partner gets her yarn (and I get mine!)
simplesavvy said…
Just popping in to say I received the calm wool and it's gorgeous. Thanks! Working on a blog post now. (Oh, and I just started reading your blog two days ago. What a pleasant coincidence!) :)
Inky077 said…
Wow! Found my way over from Ravelry. Love the blog - we are distant neighbors lol (from MVI). This yarn swap and blog idea is so great. The bag pattern is perfect for the yarn. Can't wait to see what others post on their blogs as well.
I think that bag would be perfect in the clementine color!

Popular Posts