Tuesday, June 7, 2011

DITL6611 A Day in the Life 6.6.2011

The Blog Hub group has decided to chronicle about their daily routine and post about it with text and pictures. Here's a snapshot of a typical day in my life.

5:30 AM
I usually wake up before my alarm sounds at 5:30AM. Don't ask me why.... it just happens that way. I usually get up, go onto the Ravelry site or check my Blogspot page and boil water for tea. I have been working a couple of projects simultaneously, so I will knit as I read up on the latest blogs that I follow or in the Forums tab on Rav.

6:00 AM

I live in Charlestown,  a beautiful section of Boston. Nearly each day of the week I take a walk through my neighborhood. As I walk, I think about how lucky I am to live here. I enjoy the views I encounter during my 60 minute/3.5 mile walk. Here are some photos of the things that I pass on my route.

This historic home has one of the most beautiful gardens.  

Warren Tavern on the left, Paul Revere tipped a mug here.

Figs, a great pizza place started by Todd English , owner of Olive's, another great restaurant in my neighborhood.



Heading towards City Square Park and a view of the Zakim/ Bunker Hill Bridge .

This sign is a restored billboard from the days when the Navy yard was open.

Image from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Constitution
USS Constitution,  the oldest floating naval vessel in the United States. 
They shoot off a cannon round at 8 AM and sunset.


A view of the city sky line over the deck of the USS Constitution.

The Cassin Young in drydock.

Flagship Wharf condominiums to the left. 

A view from the Navy Yard looking towards the North End. 
The tiny white steeple is the Old North Church, 
"one if by land, two if by sea" warning system from Revolutionary Days.


A view from under the Tobin Bridge, looking north.

A view into my yard, hostas gone wild.

My patio spot, a favorite place for breakfast and knitting.

My healthy breakfast of steel cut oatmeal, slices of pears and blood oranges.

9:00 to 3:30 Go to work at Harvard Kent Elementary school. I am a Special Needs teacher of students with Intensive Needs, grades K-2. 

4:00 to 6:00 During the warm weather this is my most favorite place to sit. I love to hang out in the yard with my kids, knitting and listening to music. Favs include Van Morrison, U2 and Bonnie Raitt.

6:00 to 8:00 Meal prep and dinner.

8:00 to 9:30 Hang out with music or a movie and kids, more knitting.

9:30 Off to sleep.

(Sorry to have concentrated my post photos to the early part of the day, but lighting made later shots too dark.)



4 comments:

Patricia said...

I feel like I have taken a little virtual vacation to your little corner of the world. Thank you so much. I didn't know you were a special needs teacher...brava! I have a grandson who attends a regular third grade class but has an IEP. Every night I send good thoughts of gratitude to his dedicated teachers. BTW...I love steel cut oatmeal!

Tink said...

What a great ship to get to walk past all the time! Amazing. Thanks for sharing :)

Evelyn said...

Hi E -- so nice to see a typical day in your life! :D

Voie de Vie said...

One of my all-time favorite restaurants is in your neighborhood - Olives. I've never done the Charlestown to downtown walk - it looks like an awesome one to make every day!