Finished Object Friday

See other Friday FOs here.



 I must apologize for my absence on this thread... I have been knitting, but it has been hot and I haven't made as much progress due to sweaty hands and bad tempers, but I have good news.....I did it!!!!




I finally finished the Manana sweater! The July 31st deadline for the Classic Elite Yarn Knitalong  helped immeasurably. I really want a chance at the prize of $100 worth of knittery goodies!


I think the design of the sweater is aptly named Manana (Spanish translation.... tomorrow) because there were so many times that I said, "That's it! I'll try again tomorrow!". I don't want to discourage anyone from making this pattern, but know that I don't always follow directions successfully, and I am guilty of the inability to "read" where I am in the Waffle stitch 8 row pattern when I have to tink back to a mistake that needs to be done over properly. I have not knit many lacy patterns, and so it is with this disclaimer that I urge you to try this pattern! I love the fit and the color is so delicious.

I have also got good news to report on my Tea Leaves cardigan, no it isn't done just yet, but one sleeve is 3" away from being finished and then I have the front button bands to do. So hopefully by next Friday I will have another FO post and pictures.

Comments

Evelyn said…
Congratulations!!!!! The sweater is absolutely gorgeous (and so are you!). It looks fabulous on you and you could not have picked a more beautiful blue. Wish I could help you with the rotation of the photos -- were they the right way when you first uploaded them? I don't care ... I can still enjoy and admire your huge accomplishment even with your photos on their side! Whoo hoo! xo
Napiligal said…
Beautiful. I can relate to the problem of knitting in the heat, although it's not been that hot here lately. A few weeks ago it felt like the alpaca I was using was felting in my hands!
Wow,that's a lovely cardigan! And aren't you brave to model it in this heat!
Emily said…
Gorgeous! Another pattern to add to my queue ...
SimonSimple said…
So fabulous! Good job.
Tami Klockau said…
Wow, it's gorgeous! Congratulations. It looks perfect on you.
Patricia said…
It looks lovely! I was not familiar with that pattern but I am making a similar one with a cabling border called Braided Cable Sweater from KnitPicks and I have to keep threading through a lifeline because I get "confusa!" I've crossed my knitting needles (oops...fingers) for you in hopes you win!
Inky077 said…
Just beautiful. And the yarn really shows off the pattern - color and type. I was thinking of the tea leaves pattern, but nervous about how long it may take me - I might lose interest lol. Has that been an issue for you?
CelticMommy said…
Wow, that color is simply gorgeous on you! Congratulations on the FO!! Always nice even in hot weather to think that you will have it ready when the temps turn chilly. :-)
It turned out magnificent! Blue is my favorite color so naturally I think you picked the best color for this beautiful sweater! I think you have a real chance at your $100! If you need votes I'm in lol!

Popular Posts