Saturday, July 9, 2011

Some new things...

I am working at summer school instead of lounging with my knit projects and since yesterday was payday... I treated myself twice. First, I stopped into Windsor Button to pick up the yarn Susan had ordered for my next project. I am making a CEY cardigan called Geranium. The yarn is a cotton ribbon called Katydid and the color, Carmine, is a soft red. I like the pattern, but I think it may need to be a bit longer than the photo.

I also picked up the most recent copy of Knitscene and there are a bunch of great articles, one about Amy Herzog. Haven't sat down to read it yet, but I browsed through.  After that bit of decadent indulgence....



I traipsed my way through Downtown Crossing to the Verizon store where I picked out a new phone. I was due for an upgrade last summer, but was reluctant to let go of my Dare since I knew how to work it and it seemed sufficient enough at the time. Now that I am sacrificing my desultory days of summer, I treated myself to a Droid phone, the Charge. It is AMAZING!!!!! I just need to get up to speed on how to work it and then I may go back for a few tutorials on more intense Apps and uses.

3 comments:

Patricia said...

New toys are fun!! Merry Christmas in July. :-)

Amy said...

I <3 Windsor Button

SimonSimple said...

What a nice pattern and a new gadget is always a good thing. Hope you enjoy all of your treats.