Blog Group Yarn Swap results



Back in May we all joined a challenge to swap a skein of yarn from our stash and then blog about what we received in the mail. We were to choose a pattern, make an item with yarn we got, and then write about our experience. It was such fun and I have made some good friends and blog buddies since taking part.  Read other posts from recipients of the swap here.


I know I talked about this project as I worked it up, but I never was able to figure out how to post pictures until I got a smart phone. Here are the pictures of what I made with yarn from my friend Evelyn.
The bag is done, save for the leather straps that are being shipped now. I ordered the ones listed in the CEY pattern book.

I used the most conservative and quiet print available.... not! The piece to the left is the rigid base covered with a knitted sleeve. I inserted it into the bottom of the bag for stability and to help the bag last a bit longer with use.  I used a plastic notebook page separators and cut the pieces to fit.

I love the cables and the color, Clementine.
A view into the bag, still waiting on the handles.

The bottom of the bag is garter stitch.
So I want to thank Evelyn for sending me this beautiful yarn and for becoming such a sweet and wonderful email friend. I also want to thank MarieinNYC, (ravelry name) for sponsoring/organizing this challenge. Visit her blog Underground Crafter.  Visit her website sson; right now it is under construction, but bookmark it to read later. And keep your eyes peeled at the BLOGHUB group on Ravelry for our next swap. You really want to be a part of this cool exchange and great set of people!

Comments

SimonSimple said…
Oh! I was just struck with bag envy! How lovely! It is such a rich uplifting color, I hope your friend loves it. Take a picture of the straps, I am curious about them.

Take care.
Yay, it looks great! Actually my blog is a-ok (just the website is under construction) at http://undergroundcrafter.com/blog.
Erin_in_Boston said…
Marie, thanks for the clarification about the website being under construction, I went back and made corrections to my blogpost. Sorry bout that! And thank you again for bringing us all together
Vivianne said…
This ... this is just ....WOW. Great fabric choice too :-)

Popular Posts