Blogtober Fest Coastal Knits

Coastal Knits
This will be a brief entry. I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of a new knitting book. Hannah Fettig of Portland Maine and Alana Dakos from the West Coast have collaborated on the new book, Coastal Knits. There is a Ravelry Group that has formed and people have been working on a couple of the pre-released patterns if you want to hear how it's going.

Why is this book a must have? For me it is a combination of reasons:
  1. I love the podcast Nevernotknitting. As I have said before, it is the equivalent of the Wall Street Journal for knitters.  I keep abreast of breaking news, trends and colorful stories by listening (and re-listening) to these clever shows. So, in support of Alana, I must have this book!
  2. I love anything that traces back to my home town area, Portland. Hannah lives and designs there. Hannah is co-author and she needs my support; I must have this book!
  3. Have you previewed the patterns? Swoon! Why patterns piecemeal when you can have them bound into a beautiful volume? I must have this book!
  4. I am a firm believer that I need another knitting book! Must be patient as I wait for its arrival...
So, jump onto the links if you aren't tuned into this exciting book release. I expect mine to arrive in the next week, I hope I hope I hope!

Comments

jessie said…
Help, I think I deleted my previous comment. I just said I am a lazy blog reader (and lazy blogger, for that matter) so I can't keep up with daily blog posts. But the Coastal Knits book looks beautiful. I'm busy with a cardigan right now and try not to get distracted by new patterns, but I'm tempted...
Inky077 said…
I hate to admit just how many knitting books I have. We should have a book swap!
Evelyn said…
Yes! Coastal Knits is sooooo lovely. Can't wait to see your WIPs and FOs from the book.
amy said…
Ooh, thanks for letting me know~I practically live under a rock! I'm a big coastal lover and may have to add this to my (um, a little large) knitting library based on the name alone! The patterns are lovely too, of course.
autumngeisha said…
When I heard that two of my favorite designers were collaborating on a book, I was dancing with happiness. It is rare that I want to knit every single project in a book, but I need to with this one. Portland looks like a wonderful knitting town.

Popular Posts