Blogtober Fest

A day of wonder, and tired feet...

Tinniegirl, the blogger who set the Blogtober Fest challenge for all of us has an interesting group that posts Messages from the Universe.  I wanted to offer something along those lines for today's post, but I was out of the loop.... no discernible messages. I will keep an ear and eye open and see what comes up. I promise ... Although I didn't recognize any messages from the universe, it was a day full of positive vibes and hopeful energy.

The people I spent the day with had me feeling full of wonder and exhibiting blissful smiles, even though it was a long day, full of exertion with few breaks.

New England Aquarium





My class went to the New England Aquarium. It was a slow pace and we visited the harbor seals, penguins and then hung out at a few of the smaller tanks. Our favorites by far were the colorful tropical displays.

Home and Hospital Tutoring
After work, I walked across town to visit with a five year old who has not been able to attend school due to medical issues. We visited for a bit, and she showed me the homework she had done so far. As I reviewed her work, I made little check marks to show her she had done nearly all of the work correctly.  Then she grew so serious and focused, and I wondered if her energies were flagging. I waited a bit, and then asked her if everything was ok?


She paused, ever so dramatically, ... and said, I need to practice making stars now. So I demonstrated how I do it, counting the points as I came to them. She tried to replicate and couldn't. We worked together for a bit and then... TaDa! she got it. She went on to make herself and a friend, and then mommy and daddy stars. She plans to hang them in her window so she can watch herself dance with the stars.
Image is found at
exceptionaluniverse.wordpress.com

Given how fragile her health has been; her stalwart attitude, her exuberance and her precociousness had me falling in love with the energy and positivity she exudes. Tomorrow will be her first day of school. I envision her twirling and exuding little happy sparks.


Charlestown Community Center Activities
I held my second "How to Knit" session tonight. One person from last week returned, ready to learn to purl. The other learner did not show, but we had a newcomer who practiced her style of cast-on successfully and then took up with the knit stitch. It has gone more easily than I thought and I feel like I am infecting them with my enthusiasm for the craft!

So, a tiring but full day, full of smiles, positivity and memories. Have you relished in the connections you made with others today?  What gave a reason to smile that smile of bliss?

Comments

Patricia said…
Wonderful thought you left us with...Have I relished the connections I made with others today? My husband...my friend, Cindy...my neighbor...my son, Marc. Yes...it was a good day. thanks!
Inky077 said…
Very poignant message. And you say there were no messages from the Universe! Many things to take away from this post. Thank you.

Popular Posts