Make it Monday, one day late....

Blogtober Fest 2011
I have a couple of randoms tonight. First, an entry for "Make it Monday".... I was not sufficiently organized to give it to you yesterday, sorry.

Do you love healthy snacks, and reduced calories? There's a yummy trick known to members of Weight Watchers.... 2 point muffins....
photo imported from Dreamer in Ontario
You can click on the link for the recipe, but here it is here.

Two Point Pumpkin Muffins, makes 24
Preheat oven to 350.

1 box spice cake mix
1-15 oz. can pumpkin (don't make the mistake of getting pumpkin pie mix, too watery, full of sugar!)
1 cup water
Mix together well, put into muffin pans.
Bake for 20-25 minutes. These muffins are very moist and should be eaten in a few days, or freeze them. (One person changed the water for 1 egg and stirred in chocolate chips).

My other share is kind of silly but, like a little kid... I have always marveled at the tennis bubble in our neighborhood. Truly, I walk past the courts on my three mile loop and I always miss seeing them put the bubble up. Well, now that I am in a new school with a classroom that has an incredible view (at least to me anyway), I was able to watch the prep work and snapped a few pictures.
Snapped at 12 noon. You can see the white covering the courts? That's the bubble.

Another shot of the deflated bubble.

By 1:30 this thing Jiffy Popped into the enclosed tennis courts, ready for the winter months to descend.
I was so shocked to discover how quickly the bubble could be inflated. We were watching the event, took the kids out to buses, and when I returned, voila... there it was.

I want to say to those of you participating in Blogtober Fest, thanks for visiting my page and thanks for making my blog reading so varied and interesting. What will I do once November arrives??? I'm hoping that I can continue to post, but I'm also hoping these entries aren't pedestrian and boring to those of you stopping by.....

Comments

Becoming Dr Doc said…
that bubble is amazing. You don't see anything like that here, but I guess it gets pretty cold there!

Thanks for popping by my blog. I love to meet people who are passionate about working in the same area as I do and I am happy to hear about your funding for MT, that's great. It can be a battle for us to keep jobs as well, so that's good good news.

Love that you snapped these while in the classroom. Presumably your kids were otherwise engaged!
Erin_in_Boston said…
I snapped the pictures on a planning period, then later during my lunch and finally after the kids had gone home on the bus. I have only 5 kids assigned and usually only three show up. I have 4 aides assigned, so we are tripping over each other on most days, more adults than kids!

Popular Posts