Monday, December 5, 2011

Make it Monday, What's for Suppa?

I have lots of cookbooks, but the ones I use most often are from Weight Watchers or Skinny Italian. Tonight I wanted to prepare something special to celebrate the fact that we finally can use the shower after three weeks of delays and glitches.

I chose this recipe because it has 51 grams of protein per serving and I find that helps when I am trying to get back on the weight loss band wagon. The portion is comprised of 4 slices of steak, 3 slices of polenta and 3/4 cup of the corn mixture with a calorie count per serving of 312, 5 grams of fat, 29 grams of carbs and 3 grams of fiber. The Weight Watcher cookbook is called Momentum Cookbook; I used eTools to calculate the new points based on the current program.



Ingredients include flank steak, polenta, frozen corn, red pepper, red onion, jalapeno and cilantro, with chili pepper and salt.

Cook in skillet on medium heat for 5 minutes each side.

Saute vegetables for about 5 minutes in a nonstick pan with nonstick spray.
Sliced polenta is broiled for about 3 minutes each side.

Plated and yummy. I would definitely make this again!
Sliced Steak with Crispy Polenta, the recipe on this site has only 1/2 cup of fresh frozen corn, where the WW recipe has 1 1/2 cups; points are calculated on the original recipe, one serving is 6 points.

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Looks Fabulous!

Patricia said...

That looks delicious. We have been on a "Weight Management" plan for 8 weeks now and you are right that high protein does help you stay full and eat less.