Squee Sunday 25..... not!

Visit this link to view other Squee Posts.

If you read my blog at all, I am usually in a rapture over something or someplace. Not this weekend. I am stressed to the max, and want to become invisible and sit in my corner with a knitting project that has no deadline and will be a gift to "me own self"! My web friend Julie, who has been tolerating my whining suggested that I reward myself with a skein of yarn. I did visit Windsor Button and I did pick up a yummy skein of Berrocco L But that is not going to happen, at least until next week, so here is what I am squealing about.

For the past week, I have been so frantically busy trying to prepare items for a two day Christmas Fair table at work. I am new to this job and school and was given notice that I should be cobbling together items to sell about three weeks ago. No wait.... that's a lie. I did see it on the calendar, but had no clue as to the mildly competitive nature of this event. Each of the teachers in our special needs program has a table and the proceeds are used for our students in the way of materials or field trips etc. Ideally, we teachers are to come up with crafts that our students can make, or help make.

The students in my class were supposed to help create the items for sale, but my imagination, patience, and budget failed me. I am toiling alone, and here is what we will display on our table.

Food goodies- small bags of Chex Mix, chocolate dipped pretzel rods, homemade brownie squares with mint chocolate on top, and then bags of dark chocolate, milk chocolate and white chocolate with peppermint candy bark pieces. We also have small stockings stuffed with candy that were donated to the program.

Homemade goodies- Beaded necklaces and bracelets, heat pillows, (fabric bag of rice which you can heat in the microwave, or chill in the freezer), some hats and scarves, and then some of the Christmas decorations that I have weeded out of our collection.
I still need to make a poster with pricing, but I am a rookie at this thing and don't know how to price anything. I am mostly in hopes of recouping my investment, with a small profit to spend of items and activities for my students.

Comments

Calophi said…
You sound super busy!

You can try looking on etsy or artfire for similar handmade gifts and see what they are priced at.
witchyknits4ewe said…
Wow, you have been busy! Good luck with it - I know it is hard to figure out pricing - everyone wants a bargain!
erin said…
that certainly sounds like it's been stressful! but it's so nice of you to spend so much time helping your students! I hope you're successful!
Erin_in_Boston said…
Reporting in after one day of sales. I made lots of smallish, snacky things and then sold some knitted stash busting stuff, some beaded necklaces and items that needed regifting. I sold over $140.00 worth of stuff and after figuring out my expenses, I am happy with the profits. Next year I will have more items that my students will assist in making. I wish I had taken some photos, but it was too hectic. All but two of the 15 knitted items sold and I got three orders for after the first of the year!
Evelyn said…
That's an awesome update, Erin. I know how stressed you've been but I hope you see that you DO know what you're doing and you're doing it well! xo

Popular Posts