Blogger Hub Yarn Swap Day 7


This is the final day with only one more gift to open. How can I express the enjoyment, the indulgence and the gratitude that I feel? A stranger snooped about on my blog and Ravelry page, took time out of her routines and free time, and shopped, created, and wrapped gifts that were sent to me. To me. And to top it off, because she is a knitter, a worshiper of fiber and sticks, she knows what makes for a good gift. For that I feel even more grateful. Here goes.....

A flat, tissue wrapped holder of papers, or pictures, or perhaps a pattern.....
The note says...Something to make to keep you warm....
 After unwrapping the tissue, this is what I discovered....

A pattern for a cabled scarf with a twist. Andrea seems to get me, to get that I like things with a bit of an unexpected tweak. I love the hat and scarf, and have enough in stash to test it out and see if it will become my go-to pattern for gifts during the next Christmas gift making season. Until then, anything I make will be mine, all mine!!!

So to Andrea, thank you for the effort you took to read up on my preferences and proclivities. Thank you for taking the time to shop and crochet and wrap all of the packets of goodies. I don't get spoiled all that often with knittery goodies and this week was the tops! Thanks so much. Happy knitting, speedy needles, and maintain the knitty mojo! xoxox Erin

Comments

Voie de Vie said…
I'm glad you had so much fun opening your gifts! Now if only my box would get to its intended recipient ... :)
Vivianne said…
That right-hand pattern ? Lovely :-)
Evelyn said…
What a wonderful concept this swap was ... I bet you're sad to reach its end but happy to have made a new friend!
Andrea said…
I'm glad you liked them. I think the hardest part of a swap is trying to get to know your spoilee. I hope you have some things that you can really use.

Popular Posts