Saturday, March 3, 2012

Blogger Hub Yarn Swap, Day 3


Blogger Hub Yarn Swap Day 3
The note says "Something to read and use".

I woke up this morning thinking, bleh, Friday, grey day, just wanna stay home and knit but to work I must go. As I stumbled down to brew a cup of wake up potion, I remembered...

Hey, there's another gift to open! Mood swing, camera at the ready, tissue tearing... I knew it was some kind of a book, a big book. What topic would it be, cooking, knitting, something entirely different?   To my surprise and delight this is what was inside.....

Ten Secrets of Laidback Knitters
I think this book is going to be craft altering. Some of the chapter titles include, Find Yourself a Wise Woman, Discover Slow Knitting, Take the Color Leap of Faith....and more. There are patterns, words of wisdom, resources galore, and beautiful photos. Inspiration between two softback covers!   There is even a blogger who used the chapters to create a meme for posts and story telling. Look here at Kitty's Fiber Journey.

So to my swap partner, Andrea of Life on Laffer and Wool Junkies, thank you for the addition to my knit lit library. I will use this book to inspire future posts. From what I read of other participants in the swap, the days following all of the tissue tearing is a let down, so I will need something to talk about! Great choice for a gift!

3 comments:

Cleo said...

Wow! I might just have to buy that book it looks like the kind I would love. Hope your day continued as well

FoFo said...

That is totally cool!!! What a lovely gift. I may have to find that book myself.

Vivianne said...

Ha ! have just reserved this at my library because of you :-)