Friday, March 23, 2012

FO Friday #79

Visit Tami's Amis to see other inspiring FOs
This is a bit of a long list of FOs because I haven't done a Friday post in a month but here goes.

Brattleboro, New England Knits
Fall Leaves Brattleboro Hat
Pattern from New England Knits, yarn- Di'Ve
I love this pattern and how quickly it knits up. I used some vintage buttons I had in my stash.

Kaleido Cowl, New England Knits

Kaleidoscope Cowl
Pattern from New England Knits, yarn- Malabrigo Wosted
I have had this skein of Malabrigo for about a year. It was one of those impulse buys I made at Windsor Button, the colors were so captivating. I finally came up with a plan for what to knit and enjoyed this pattern very much. I did use markers between each pattern repeat to avoid mistakes. Buttons from stash.

Bandana Cowl, Purl Soho
Bandana Cowl
Pattern from Purl Soho, yarn- Caron Simply Soft Paints
I chose this pattern for two reasons. First because I love cowls and this one had a more interesting construction than the moebius style I have made so many of this year. The other reason was because it would provide me with an opportunity to master short row wrap and turns. I know they aren't all that complicated but I have not liked how they turned out in a few previous projects, so I set out to learn how to do it properly. There is a good photo tutorial link in the pattern. I also used the super stretchy bind off that I found on Jimmy Beans Wool. My next attempt will be to make this in a more luxurious fabric, maybe the Malabrigo from my Craftsy Mystery Box.

Braided Swirl Tam
Braided Swirl Tam
Pattern from Jojoland, yarn- Jojoland Fantasia
I know I have posted this here in FOs before, but I blocked the heck out of it and like how it fits so much better now. Again I will repeat the mantra of..... "This was the most fun I have had yet knitting a pattern!". Trust me, I don't lie. The construction is different form any hat I have made yet and the way the yarn colors evolve from shade to shade makes it a project that is hard to set down.
Cadet Keyhole Scarflet
Cadet Blue Scarflet
Pattern from Melanie Tindale, yarn- Rowan Big Wool
A colleague at work requested a blue keyhole scarf in blue; she bought my first two at the school Christmas fair. I found the yarn at Windsor, on sale!!!! and the color was a perfect match for the jacket she wanted to wear it with. I just need to made a headband to go with it now.

WIPs
I am adding these because I never got a post up this week and want to share what I have on the needles.


Baltic Liesl
Pattern from Quince and Co, yarn- Madelinetosh DK
I have loved this pattern ever since they first released it. The yarn is what I have left over from my Tea Leaves sweater and I thought they might be nice paired together. But as I get into the pattern, I am not sure if the weight of the yarn fits suits the pattern. I am tempted to order the Quince Lark that is recommended, but want to select the colors in person. This means a road trip to Knit Wit in Portland.... hmmmmm?????

Butter Chinook
Butter Chinook
Pattern from Ali Green, yarn- Cascade Pima Cotton
I cast this on in October, thinking it would make a nice gift for a special someone for Christmas, but it has been at the bottom of the WIP pile. I got it out and made nice progress on it last week. I am nearly at the midpoint where I can begin the decrease rows.

Woodland scarflette
Geologie Woodland Shawlette
Pattern from Classic Elite Yarns Web Letter, yarn Nashua Knits Geologie
My good buddy Julie texted me earlier this week and asked for some yarn substitutions for this shawl. I am not great at subbing yarns,, but I looked at the pattern and was mesmerized by the stitch pattern. There is a tricky P3,K3,P3 of one sets of stitches that creates a fanned effect. Fun to do. I tested it on my Geologie, stash from Stitch House, and really like the pattern. My choice of yarn may not be optimal for stitch definition, but I had been searching for something to make with these six skeins and I like the idea of a shawl. Julie and I will be doing a KAL on this.



Sprouting Cloche
Pattern from Brave New Knits, yarn- Berrocco Lustra
This has not been touched of late. the pattern takes all of my attention and I need to throw a lifeline in before I start again. I like the pattern but it is definitely a "sit in my room with no distractions" kind of knit.

Gaptastic Cowl
Gaptastic Cowl
Pattern Jen Geigley, yarn- Lion Brand Wool-Ease Chunky
I cast this on for Helen but I am not sure if I like the loose gauge. It may be too lacy for her style.

In stash, bought at Stitch House
Spring Phloem Socks
Pattern from Spring/Summer Knitty, yarn- Yarns on Stage/ Sweet Pea
I haven't actually cast these on yet but I have been helping my daughter work on a pair of socks and I need to have these set up to work on at Knit Night.... I haven't done socks in so long and love the yarn color so much. Hopefully tonight I can cast on and plan to do Magic loop, two at a time, toe up knitting.

6 comments:

Evelyn said...

... and when do you sleep? Love your chinook and the woodland is looking so pretty. xox

FoFo said...

Do you ever sleep? So many pretty things! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Well, I am so impressed and wowed. I don't work; why can't I knit more? Won't be around Monday; going to a neighborhood meeting to support my best pal as his neighbors try to pull zoning fast one. ;08( Donna O'Brien

erin said...

so much awesome knitting! I love the bright colors =)

janice said...

Finally someone who has as many wips as me...Inpressive array. Now if I could just get on the finished friday bandwagon- all lovely. I missed Liesl and when I clicked I got ravelry keyhole pattern, I'm just saying..

Erin_in_Boston said...

Hey Janice! Thanks for the heads up that my link was not correct, I just fixed it so you can see the gorgeous cowl pattern from Quince and Co.
As for my WIPs, I predict the number will shrink, I hope to cast on a sweater or two, that should slow my accessory knitting a bit.