Vintage Knitting Needles and Antique Bottles

Vintage Knitting Needles and Antique Bottles

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

And the winner is.......

While at work today my phone rang.Caller ID showed it to be Windsor Button.... I thought, hmmmm, what could this be about? I had picked up some Malabrigo they had on hold.... so it wasn't that....

It was Chama calling to tell me that my name had been picked for a Red Line Yarn Crawl door prize! Wow! I won a door prize at Stitch House and at Windsor???? This might be my lucky year?!

Here is what I won.




Five skeins of Brown Sheep Nature Spun Chunky wool (755 yards!!!!)  in Baked Beans colorway with a vest pattern. I could use the pattern included in the prize but it looks to be not such a slimming silhouette in chunky weight yarn. So I set out to do some trolling of  Ravelry patterns, and found these possibilities. There's Iced by Carol Fuller or Caramel by Isabell Kraemer or Textured Shawl Recipe by Orlane.  If I do Caramel, what should I choose for the secondary color? Need to find a colorwheel for ideas......

Iced by Carol Fuller
Textured Shawl Recipe, by Orlane
Caramel, by Isabell Kraemer
The Stitch House door prize was a mitten pattern by Amanda Lilley and two skeins of Cascade Superwash in Ivory.

Thank you to Windsor Button for such an exciting prize, my queue just got even longer. Resisting the cast on of this wool will be challenging. Thanks also to Stitch House for stash enhancement of a yarn everyone is raving over!

2 comments:

FoFo said...

Very nice! Congrats!

TheBeasKnees said...

Nicely done! Congratulations!