Saturday, June 9, 2012

Shopping Saturday....

Saturday Shopping


I needed to find two additional solids to go with this version of Wholehearted Shawl.
Actually, the push to go shopping began earlier in the week. You see, I am zooming away on my Wholehearted II, and as much as I love the hues in this sock yarn from Yarns on Stage, I knew I needed to showcase their beauty by sandwiching them with some solid colors. That was the initial impetus to get my butt to Windsor Button. The other driving force was that I need to get my paws on the new edition of Knit.Wear. I have read a few advance stories about featured patterns and want it now!!! But, I was foiled. It isn't at Windsor just yet. Perhaps in my flurry of energy, I missed that it won't be on news stands until, [? When?], must find out.

Wholehearted II Shawl
 So here is what I picked up to make the multi-color Wholehearted II Shawl. I had hoped for dark purple, but had to settle for the lighter shade. I do love the olive colorway though!

I found shades of lavender and olive in Happy Feet Sock Yarns by Plymouth Yarn.


Rose Song by Carol Feller
My other reason to venture into the Yarn Emporium (aka Windsor) is that I woke up early on Friday and saw that Carol Feller had a gift to be awarded some lucky owner of her new shawl pattern, Rose Song. I tossed in my chance by ordering it online, (no, my lucky number was not drawn)
 and I was itching to cast it on.  I ordered, downloaded, and tried swatching from stash before work. Uh, yeah... I go to work at 7:10AM, call me enthusiastic. Guilty!

I didn't have the right weight yarn that gave proper gauge, so I hoped to locate just the right yarn at Windsor.  Something told me that I would be successful. 

And I was.... I found Malabrigo Twist in Zinc and it might just become my new neutral. Zinc is a combo of mauve and lilac with some woody tones.
Malabrigo Twist in Zinc colorway.
 The wool is so soft and squooshy,  and the gauge swatch has turned out well. I will allow casting on Rose Song only when I finish and put up pix of my Amari. I should be able to bind that off tonight. Blocking Amari will have to wait til someone vacates a bedroom for a few days......

Amari Shawl, I joined the KAL that Evelyn started on Project Stash.




2 comments:

collegeknitting said...

Everything is looking good- I love those three colors together on the wholehearted shawl!

Patricia said...

You do inspire me! I want to try a shawl...just a mini one. I am thinking of Trevi done in the small size or Easy As Pie. I even bought a skein of Malabrigo Sock Yarn in colors my daughter-in-love would wear. Tried a swatch and after just 7 rows was all off count. Do you use a life line in lacy shawls? I love the color combinations you chose.