FO Friday #97

This is a collection of FOs from the past two weeks. I just couldn't muster the energy to do the post last week. Heat. Humidity. Haze. The horror. Ugh!

Amari II

I just can't seem to capture the true hues of this shawl, but you see the design well in this snap.
This is more of the true color array.

Amari II, pattern by Marie Grace Smith.
Yarn, indie dyed by Forest Greener, eBay.
This is a fun pattern and knitalong that I have thoroughly enjoyed. The yarn is a blend of delicious colors, colors I haven't seen combined since I was about seven. My nana had a dress with a floral motif in just these hues. I wish I could capture better the beautiful colors. On my project page, first photo shows the true colors. This is a free pattern on Ravelry, try it, easy, beautiful and a nice stash buster.

Piper's Journey
The knit on 18 stitch lace edge was a new technique that I learned while doing this KAL.

Baltic Piper's Journey, pattern by Paula Emons-Fuessle
Yarn, Madelinetosh DK, Baltic
This is one of the favorite things I have knit so far this year. I learned some new tricks, it was a fairly quick and interesting knit and I love love love this yarn. The yarn is what was leftover from my Baltic Tea Leaves. Madelinetosh DK. Need more of this yarn in stash!!!

I made this shawl because of a podcast I have come to love, Single Handed Knits. The group did a KAL and the designer, Auntie Paula was there in the forum group to answer questions and solve problems. Melissa broke the project down into bite size pieces to help us pace ourselves. Many have told me they have heard of this pattern; I first spotted it in a Quince email. I love it and look forward to wearing it in the cooler weather.

Icelandic Bright Lights, aka Schmatta
Swatch beginnings

Pattern, Icelandic Bright Lights, (Schmatta by Kay Gardiner of Mason Dixon Knitters)
Yarn, Icelandic wool from Forest Greener, eBay store.
I happened upon this pattern as I was reading the Mason Dixon blog. The original pattern used Malabrigo Rasta and size 13 or 15 needles. I adjusted the pattern because this yarn isn't as bulky and used size 10 1/2 needles, casting on 30 stitches instead of 15. I was a quick knit, I love the look of garter stitch and I think it is a good match to the flow of colors in this yarn. I need to block and add buttons, but I definitely will be making this again.

What has jumped off your needles this week? If you are looking for inspiration and want to see more FOs, go to Tami's Amis, just click here.









Comments

What lovely FOs! Piper's Journey is especially lovely - that colour looks so vibrant.

Hope you have a great weekend
x
Lissa said…
Whoa, so many things to follow today - I have to check out the podcast, the rav group, the mason Dixon blog, and see if I have any yarn suitable for Piper's journey. Thanks for sharing your gorgeous pieces!
FoFo said…
Lovely! You have been a busy girl!
Wool Diaries said…
So pretty. I am on a shawl making trip at the moment and love seeing other peoples. I love the Amari and made one as well, just I modified it slightly
Tawnee Isner said…
You have such pretty FOs. I love them all. You have been insanely busy
Ness said…
The colors of all of your projects are gorgeous!
WOW! Not one but three gorgeous knits! I think we ALL need more MadTosh in our stashes, LOL!
Patricia said…
Love the blues in Piper's journey. You have motivated me in my lace shawl efforts.
Wow, both of your shawls are really stunning. I love that one shares a color combo with your grandmother's dress.
Julie said…
You are invited to share this with Show Your Stuff blog hop:
http://juliejewels1.blogspot.com/2012/07/show-your-stuff-34.html
Erin_in_Boston said…
Thanks Sarah, I loved making the PJ and the yarn was so wonderful to knit with. I seriously wish for a stash that is made up of Madelinetosh. What a dream that would be. Thanks for the weekend wishes. I have cast on Levenwick cardigan and the neck area is nearly done. I am so happy to be sitting in my patio and simply resting with yarn and pattern near by! Happy Knitting to you!

Popular Posts