Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Works in Progress Wednesday #102

Works in Progress
Being in timeout means not getting your picture taken, here is what the virgin skein looked like before mayhem ensued.

Bridgewater in Citrus
Pattern by Jared Flood, yarn Classic Elite Yarns Silky Alpaca Lace
I was sailing along on the central panel, nearing the point of starting the decreases, but tonight I noticed I dropped a stitch about 4 rows back. It sits in time out mocking me, mocking me because the last life line I did is about 20 rows back. Hahahaha, not. I am not sure if I will tink back the 190 stitch rows or what. It sits in timeout for now.

Squiggle was on sale and I rose to the challenge....
Wholehearted Shawl #3
Pattern by Erika Flory, yarn Lion Brand Cotton Ease, Crystal Palace Squiggle
The last time I visited Windsor Button, this crazy lime green yarn was one of the new additions to the sale bins. Susan kind of challenged me to come up with a scarf pattern using this fiber. She offered to place a photo of the FO with the pattern used nearby to inspire others. You know me, anything to promote one of my favorite LYS and to help move stock. I am not sure if this combo of yarns will continue on in this pattern. Eyelash yarn is hard to make palatable.  I do love the punch of color. Any alternative pattern suggestions welcome.....

Amari II

Amari II
Pattern by Marie Grace Smith, yarn from ForestGreener on eBay.
I have not had much knitting time over the past week. Shopping for outfits to wear to a family wedding and multiple doctor appointments trumped getting this finished for last Friday's FOs post. I worked the lace edging without too much ado; I figured out what my problem was in the previous shawl, I was reading the directions wrong. It's like math and the order of operations, the parentheses mean so much..... So I technically should save this for Friday as I just bound off and blocked it. I can't wait to take pictures of the colors, so purdy. Also, in case you make this, go for the super stretchy bind off. The edge detail is beautiful. I will try to get a good shot of that for Friday.


Miranda Hat
Pattern by Evelyn Leong/Project Stash, yarn Cascade 220 Sport
I have been trying to get gauge with this pattern, but I think my short temper due to heat, humidity and feeling under the weather were factors. I finally hit pay dirt and have been motoring away.
This is a free pattern and Evelyn is doing a fun KAL where she has encouraged us to use the pattern to make hats that will be donated to a good cause. The group is very active, supportive and encouraging, and now the membership in the Ravelry forum group is up to 133. Consider joining in, you might make some more new friends, I have!

Swatch rainbow.

Icelandic Bright Lights
Pattern, Schmatta by Kay Gardner, yarn Icelandic Wool ForestGreener, eBay
I found this pattern on the Mason Dixon Knitting blog. It has a convertibility that is appealing. The buttons can be done up a few different ways. Go look here if you want to see what I mean (you may need to scroll to December 2, 2011 post to see the photos). This cowl will be simple but classy, the bold yarn that will be fun to put buttons with. Mindless knitting with quick results. The blog tells the tale of the name, Schmatta which is translated rag, as a more self deprecating way of saying "This old thing?  I whipped it up last night". It will probably become a gift for someone, unless I decide otherwise.... hmmmm one more cowl? Why not?

I had hoped to get a sweater pattern swatched and decided upon, but the hectic tasks of last week precluded that. Hope fully next week......

I hope you will take time and go look at the progress of other knitters at Tami's Amis.

Tami's Amis

4 comments:

iknead2knit said...

Love swatch rainbow!

Cleo said...

Me too! It's very pretty.

Inky077 said...

All your choice show thought and creativity! I wish I had that knack. Love the idea of the squiggle becoming a shawl!

Evelyn said...

I always love the projects you work on, E! Love the yarn/color you chose for your Miranda Hat and Schmatta Cowl is gorgeous!