F/O and Fiber Fridays

Here is what I have recently added to stash.
I am in a yarn club called Smartass Knitters/World Domination. I joined for a year long supply of yarn from Indigodragonfly, an indie dyer in Toronto. Here are two of the shipments received so far, with swag. Also included but not shown were two patterns.

June Installment- Sock yarn from Indigodragonfly.
August Installment. Laceweight from Indigodragonfly. Yarn is actually more grey than blue.
These yarns are so soft, the colors are so beautiful, and the patterns are pretty. I first started lurking on Kim's website because the color names are so humorous. The grey is called When Life Gives You Lemmings, Duck!  The sock yarn is called Baldersquash came with a pattern by the same name. (Baldersquash)  I wasn't so enthused about casting on until I spotted this FO. I have been searching for ideas and need to start doing socks in preparation for SingleHandedKnits' Sock the Vote in October. The sock pattern looks interesting and not so "endless stockinette boring". The other pattern is for a shawl. Must add link later, email with pattern isn't opening.

On a trip to Stitch House I fell in love with this. The color simply radiates. It is 190 yards of worsted weight. Now to be on the look out for a pattern.

Madelinetosh Vintage, Limited Edition, Short Skein
I can't say I have many FOs but I did splurge on some fiber while at Windsor Button recently.I was searching for another yarn to make Ellison Bay out of. I may still just order from Quince, but that was my excuse for selecting this. That's my story... stickin to it....
Cascade Heritage Sock Yarn
Araucania, Huasco color 6
I have heard people rave about this yarn and as I searched for something in Windsor to spend a gift certificate on.... this popped up into view. I think it is fingering weight, 100 grams/ 450 yards of extra fine merino. Not sure what it will become, something tells me I will need to go back and get more...such luscious colors...

Mountain Colors, 90% superwash merino, 10% nylon, 425 yards, 100 grams, color Alpine.
 I think this will become a pair of socks. I think. I was drawn to this color because of the butterscotch highlights with royal, forest and deep purple. So purdy...

That's it, isn't it just too much? What's that?, Huh? No, I am not on a yarn diet. This stash enhancement was well earned.

If you'd like to view some finished objects of other knitters, navigate to Tami's Amis post. More WonderWhyGal's Fiber Friday posts here.


Comments

So I just had a friend invite me to the Greater Boston Yarn Crawl next weekend...we'll be checking out some shops on Sunday....so if you're not busy???

And may I say...that's some great enhancement you acquired there!!!!
FoFo said…
Beautiful yarns!!!
WonderWhyGal said…
Look at all of those yummy yarns! Which are you going to cast on first? I love your needle header, btw.
Cleo14 said…
Wowza! That yarn looks great.
Enid said…
such gorgeous colours!!!

xxx
Ginx Craft said…
I love your photo in your banner of all those lovely colourful needles!
AllyB said…
Love the Cascade Heritage color best but they're all beautiful yarns.

Popular Posts