Friday, October 5, 2012

BlogtoberFest12, Day Six- Savor Your Saturday

Horizontal Cable Hat, by Dawn Catanzaro
This pattern was purchased from the designer, Dawn, when I visited KnitWit in Portland about two years ago. My sister Jackie was with me and wanted a few hats, so we bought the pattern and some Quince & Co. yarn in the Osprey weight.

Jackie's hat was one of my first attempts at knitting cables. The photo looks good only because I ripped it out so many times. The problem was reading my knitting and knowing what row of the pattern I am on. Despite the frustrations involved, I loved making this hat. One modification I did was to pick up the central top section a few rows in from the edge. It gives the hat a pie crust edge.

Day Six- Savor Your Saturday 
This from Kat of the blog I Saw You Dancing:

Each Saturday, I play along with 52 weeks of grateful. I consider this my weekly gratitude practice and I love the way it entices me to keep my eyes open all week for clues as to what really makes me come alive. All Blogtoberfest12 participants are warmly to join in and link up!

This is a practice I used to do but haven't in a while. Here goes....
Thank you for....
my health, my girls, my family.
My job, my energy, the help of random friends.
Weather, especially here in New England where it changes all the time.
Kettle Cove pumpkin pie ice cream, Higgins, body surfing, toes in the sand.Returning to the city and taking in the view of the Zakim framing the sunset, city living, sky line vistas, history in my hood...
LYS, Windsor Button, Stitch House, Purl Diva, Knit Wit.
Podcasts, Ravelry, fiber families.... Malabrigo, Madelinetosh, Space Cadet Creations.

No comments: