Saturday, October 6, 2012

Blogtoberfest12- Day Seven, Sunday Snippets

Visit one of the many bloggers who are participating...
The theme today is a photo filled/text limited post, as Kat of the blog I Saw You Dancing tells us below.

Each Sunday, I participate in Sunday Snippets, hosted by {tinniegirl}.  The beauty of this challenge is that it’s all images, no words. And, as with yesterday’s gratitude practice, is a wonderful way to ensure that you keep your eyes peeled during the week for the tiny moments that make memories.


Here is my Snippet Sunday..... seven images for the week.









In keeping with the Blogotberfest theme of a photo of a project knitted recently,
there is this...

Wholehearted Shawl, by Erika Flory
My good friend Evelyn of Project StashEL invited me to join her Wholehearted KAL (KAL stands for Knit A Long). The pattern was gifted to me by Evelyn and the proceeds from the pattern sales went to help a family that had endured a house fire. (Read more on the Wholehearted KAL link). This was my first attempt at a shawl and it was my first KAL.
I loved knitting this pattern. The idea of making something with a group and being able to view their progress or ask for help was appealing. I so enjoyed watching the colors shift in hue and intensity. The yarn is Yarns on Stage Sweet Pea. Since completing this shawl, I have tried a number of KALs this summer and urge you to check it out. Many times the moderator will break the work into do-able bites...

9 comments:

RobinBrz said...

Love your pics and the variety that you find in and around the city! I'm not far from you - only about an hour down Rt.2, but it's a totally different world out!
Happy Sunday!

Inky077 said...

The Wholehearted is so elegant! Wish I had decided to KAL with the group. Love to see how people interpret the guidelines of a KAL - so creative!

Cleo14 said...

Looks like you had a great week.

Kat @ I Saw You Dancing said...

Love your photos! Especially curious about the middle one...
xx

Erin_in_Boston said...

Hey Kat! Thanks for leaving a comment. The wreath of God's Eyes is a display at one of my favorite LYS (local yarn shop). The store is near my parents in Portland Maine and is called Knit Wit. I think it is a good use of extra needles and stash yarns.
I am so enjoying Blogtoberfest!

Knitting Patterns for Babies said...

Yarn just continues to amaze me, I love the variety and the colors you use are so appealing. The red bag is so nice and there are many people searching about that now they will find enough resources by your post. I would like to join your blog anyway so please continue sharing with us.

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Fabulous sights and wonderful knitting projects!

Evelyn said...

I love seeing your pic of the shawl -- it's a good reminder that yarn + color can = art!

jessie said...

Great pictures, and great colors. LOVE that purse photo.