Finished Object Friday


FO/Fiber Love Friday
I have two FOs to share.


Anouk, pattern by Bristol Ivy
Yarn: Malabrigo Yarn Twist in the Zinc colorway on size 10 needles. I used less than a full skein, I may have 1/8 left, I must weigh and put it in ounces for future reference.
I first started this project a little while ago and finished it over a weekend. it is s fun knit and the sculptural effect of the chevrons is beautiful. Once I have cast off and got ready to take a few photos, I realized my scale was off compared tot he pictures in the pattern. I was going to just leave it but later did a gauge swatch. (Yes I know I should do that step first and not last!!! Thank you very much!) My gauge was off with the size 11 needles used and so I ripped it out and began again on size 10s. One size smaller made such a difference in the drape of the cowl, I do love how it has turned out.


September Circle, pattern by Melissa LaBarre
Yarn: Noro Kureyon Sock on size 7 needles.
I cast this on while on vacation and I loved watching the play of colors as they shifted. The stitch design was tricky at first and I admit to using a markers at the beginning of each pattern repeat. The cowl looked so much better after blocking!

I enjoy seeing the projects that others are blogging about, if you do too, go to Tami's Amis FO Friday or WonderWhy Gal's Fiber ArtsFriday to see more.

Comments

Andria said…
Great projects. You are far braver than I am, ripping out and starting over!
Very nice....they turned out great!
kikie said…
both of them look pretty!
Babajeza said…
Both are great projects. :-)
Cathy said…
Gorgeous cowls, the second project is perfect for showcasing noro yarns.
WonderWhyGal said…
Love both of the cowls and the patterns. Great job.
I'm loving the bright, striped one!

Popular Posts