WIP Wednesday, # 126

Works in Progress
I have been doing some selfish knitting this month, now that the gifts have been given and the pressure is off. So many bloggers, podcasters and forums comments are referencing knitting what you want, FOR YOU! I like this idea and I am sandwiching in the new project "cast-ons" with pulling a hibernating item out and giving it some love.

September Cowl
Close up

September Circle, pattern by Melissa LaBarre
Yarn: Noro Kureyon Sock on size 7 needles
I cast this on while at our little beach cottage back in August. It is a hibernating project  that I pulled out while trying to be monogamous. Epic fail on being monogamous. I did get things finished because of the concerted effort on just one thing, but I was not happy. It is almost as bad as knitting something for someone who promises to pay. Just not as enjoyable, do you know what I mean?

Mariposa in September
Mariposa in September
Yarn: Louisa Harding Mariposa on size 7
I cast this on in an attempt to get into the deep stash. The yarn is Louisa Harding Mariposa. I won this yarn for next to nothing on ebay. It is shiny and very colorful, but the yarn is like ribbon and gets splitty if I have to tink back. it may end up a pile of snags if it gets worn a lot. 

The start of Ellison Bay
Ellison Bay, pattern by Paula Emons-Fuessle
Yarn: Cascade 220 on size 6 needles
I am making my second Ellison Bay. The first saved me from my loss of knitting mojo. This one is  being knit as a member of the Knitting Pipeline's Ellison Bay KAL. Paula of the Knitting Pipeline podcast has this KAL running from January 1 to February 15, 2013.  Try joining the KAL group, Paula has broken the project down into smaller steps and she has great prizes (Quince and Company Yarn!!!) to given in a random number drawing of those who enter on the KAL page of the Knitting Pipeline group. Go enter now!
I had this yarn in stash and luckily I had enough for this project. If you need any enabling to begin this project let me say this.... the pattern is very well written, the garter stitch is soothing a Zen like as you work it, the border of twisted stitch is a fun technique and one you will probably use as an accent edging if you make up designs as you knit.

Lazy Jacks Hat, pattern by Amy Christoffers
Yarn: Lamb's Pride worsted
I don't have a WIP photo for you, the swatch is at home, but I will be casting this on and will give you updates as I go.Amy tweeted about this pattern before Christmas, she had made it for her husband and was so excited for him to open it on Christmas. I love the cables, go to the pattern page and see if it is a hat you need to make!

I will be giving you a view of some of the yarn in the "On Deck" basket. I am so full of energy to Knit All the Things and I have these in a line-up waiting to match them to patterns. More tomorrow.
Fiber received
IndigoDragonfly Yarn Club
Jojoland
Classic Elite Nettles yarn

Actually, I think tomorrow's post maybe more info on the olive cowl from last Friuday's post. I have had a few questions about it.

Envy by John Brinegar
 If you enjoy seeing the projects of other knitters, go to Tami's Amis and check out what is a WIP this week.

Comments

collegeknitting said…
Good luck! Sounds like some great projects.
Enid said…
for now, I am working on charity projects. My remnant yarns overflowing, so the FOs will be really colourful:) haven't really got plans of patterns to be done. your projects look interesting
xxx
I love that September Circle so hard! I went and queued it! And I love your version...

Popular Posts