Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Work in Progress Wednesday

Work in Progress Wednesday

The color is more grape and less royal blue....

One of my favorite stitch markers.
 Ellison Bay, pattern by Paula Emons-Fuessle
Yarn: Cascade 220 on size 8 needles
I have made this pattern one time before. I wanted to join in Paula's KAL and enjoy the camraderie of other knitters working on the same pattern. Can I admit to totally frogging and starting over? Twice. The first time, it was due to mistakes in the rib area. If you don't do it correctly, you don't get that defined laddered effect. The second time I ripped out and began again was because I didn't like the density of the fabric on the needles size suggested in the pattern. It has taken me a while and I am not caught up to the row for week three, but I will get there. This is a fun knit if you pay attention to the markers and yarnovers, there is a cool tool you can download from the KAL forum page. It is a spread sheet of sorts created Joyce of After This Row. Each row is listed with the number of stitches you should have and it makes for a great checklist so you can correct any mistakes as you find them.

The pattern is called September Circle.
Yes, I do use stitch markers for every repeat. The February Lady sweater taught me that if nothing else.
Deep, deep stash, from Spring 2010.
Mariposa in September, pattern by Melissa LaBarre
Yarn: Louisa Harding Yarns Mariposa on size 7 needles
While I like this pattern very much, the yarn can be testy. It likes to split and it is challenging to tink back. The yarn was one of my first purchases of real yarn, it was a Stitch House sale yarn and i bought 12 skeins. At the time I thought it would make a beautiful sweater. Now I think it makes for a nice punch of color as an accessory.

Levenwick with one sleeve to go.
Yarn: Cascade 220 on size 7 needles
I started this so long ago and I got so much done in a short time, then when I had to do the second sleeve, I discovered I had lost my notes. I am counting stitches and will try to replicate what I did but I have a foreboding sense that I will probably be frogging sleeve and starting all over again. It has been sitting in time out for this very reason.

Are you curious to see what other bloggers have posted for their WIP Wednesday? Go to Tami's Amis and see for yourself.

4 comments:

Kate.Knits.Socks said...

Love the colors of the September circle.

Enid said...

Erin, you choose gorgeous colours for all these projects.

xxxx

Andria said...

So many awesome projects!!

Cleo14 said...

All those colours look great & I just love the little bird stitch marker.