FO Friday


Antler Hat
I am plugging away on my bigger projects but I do have one item that is off the needles.

Antler Hat
Antler Hat, tincanknits
Yarn: Plymouth Yarn Galway Worsted on size 6 and 8 needles.
This yarn was one of the items in my swag bag from Linda of Northampton Knits during my Cape Escape Getaway Weekend. I have never worked with this yarn before, but I really like it. The color is rich, the fiber has a squishy, soft quality and the 10 ply yarn knits up nicely. I cast on the pattern just before leaving the Cape so I would have something to work on while traveling back to Boston on the bus. I got the ribbed border done and continued on to the cables, but failed to switch to the larger needles.  I frogged back, (have you noticed I do that a lot?) and started anew. The pattern is easy enough to memorize and I believe a new knitter might love this as a first attempt at cables.


I also added to the stash with another (yeah, I KNOW!!!) visit to Windsor Button's sale. Here is what I got at the Going Out of Business Sale, 30-50% off.

Dream in Color Smooshy
Three balls of Cascade Superwash in a blue/purple
Classic Elite Yarns Woodland
Everyone raves about this yarn, it is my first skein added to stash.
This colorway has navy blended in and I will be pairing it with the skeins below.
Teal/burgundy tones.
I love having this yarn in stash to pair with a multi sock yarn for a shawl.
I apologize for the excessive display of stash enhancement, I am a more than a little chagrined at my gluttonous shopping. My only defense is this, where else could you find such great deals? In so many colors? And how better to support a favorite LYS as they wind down. Get your knitting self over to Windsor Button quickly! They just added the shop samples to the sale and things are marked 30-50% off.

Watch here for future projects using all of the above yarns. I feel more and more like the Rumpelstiltskin character who was locked in a room with the task of spinning straw into gold.

Comments

katie metzroth said…
sorry about your LYS closing. congrats on new stash. can't wait to see what it grows up to be. and not to forget, your antler hat looks great!
Cleo said…
Oooooh.... Berroco!
Carol said…
I have that antler hat pattern and it's always nice to see a finished project. Your's is beautiful - great color and nice photos. I also have that yarn (in a rose color) and you have inspired me to make one!
WonderWhyGal said…
I do like that hat pattern...I really should knit it.

Popular Posts