Work in Progress Wednesday

It's Wednesday. I am trying to focus. focus. focus. Here is where I am at as far as narrowing done the multitude of ambitions/WIPs.

Currently on the needles.
Hoaloha sweater, stitch marker shows underbust mark.

The neckline has a few rows of garter and stockinette, forming a welted edge.
 Hoaloha, Mystery Sweater KAL, Mel of SingleHandedKnits
Yarn: Berroco Vintage on size 8 needles
I love the stitch definition I am getting with this yarn. And the color, well, I am drawn to shades of olive to lime green and pumpkin to carrot orange tones, what can I say? I am lagging behind the KAL pack, I am still on Clue #2. I don't plan to do the twisted rib until I get closer to the hem area and I am not sure if I will do the button placket or not. I plan to make full length sleeves, not the 3/4 bell shaped ones.


March Guernsey
March Guernsey, pattern by Jared Flood
Yarn: Cascade Eco+ on size 8 needles.
I started this pattern at the urging of my friend Julie (I should start calling her "The Enabler of the Nth degree). I kind of missed Amy Beth's mention of it on her podcast last week, but it sounds like she labels it as happy knitting too.

The second attempt at Norby, garter stitch edge.
Norby, pattern by Gudrun Johnston
Yarn: Quince and Co Finch in the Nasturtium colorway on size 4 needles.
I ripped out my first attempt with the Lion Brand Sock-Ease, it was just too limp. This one seems better, the strand of yarn is much more round than the Sock-Ease. Enabler of the Nth Degree gifted me this pattern. Thanks Julie!

Swatching for Shibui Mix No. 3

Swatch for Shibui No.3, pattern by Kristen Ford
Yarn: Shibui Staccato and Silk Cloud on size 8
My yarn is on order and I figured I should put my mini skeins (from the Cape Escape yarn tasting) to good use. The mini skein color is orange, my shawl will be knit in UV, a bright purple.

As always, if you want to see what other knitters have on theri needles, check out Tami's Amis.

Comments

They look great! I haven't done much crafting the past couple days...
Cleo said…
The orange is prefect to mix up all of the winter we've been having!
Inky077 said…
I agree, the orange is a great choice! Hope you can get me to finish my Norby..... I lost interest, right after the get-go, lol. Maybe it was my choice of yarn color?

Popular Posts