Finished Object Friday

Blue Anouk

Anouk, Louisa Harding Ca 'd'Oro
Blue Anouk
Pattern: Bristol Ivy
Yarn: Louisa Harding Ca'd'Oro in blue on size 10 needles
I made this on a Friday after a stressful week. I knew it would bring solace and be a quick knit. It is a beautiful showcase for the yarn, which is plied wool, viscose, acrylic and mohair.

Owl Puffs


Owl Puffs
Pattern: Jenna Krupar of Retro Lemon
Yarn: Remnant Scraps
I had been gifted this pattern by Mel of MskiKnits last summer, along with some yummy mini skeins from her stash and eye notions. I pulled the pattern out to make gifts for the two girls I have been tutoring this past year, one is a first grader, the other second. The owls work up quickly and it makes for nice Kitchener stitch practice. I dug in my button box for the eyes. I think they will be a hit with the girls.

Turquoise Sanibel
Turquoise Sanibel
Pattern: Beth Anne Paustian
Yarn: Louisa Harding Mariposa in turquoise, purple and white on size 10 needles
This is such an easy pattern to work and it is quick to finish. I am thinking I need to try the Classic Elite Yarn Sanibel if I make another. This one was a deep, deep stash dive. I bought the Mariposa yarn at Stitch House in 2010!

This cowl makes for my second entry into the East Coast Knitters Group KAL, Long Time No See KAL.   We have extended the deadline to July 15, so come over and join the group and post your FO photo to be eligible for the drawing.


On the Needles Now

Firefly linen on size 7 needles

Askew
Askew
Pattern: Lisa Mutch of Northbound Knitting and Fiber
Yarn: Classic Elite Yarn Firefly in red on size 7 needles
I love the idea of this pattern and it is interesting to knit. There is a little stockinette, some garter and increases to keep you engaged. I am wondering what soaking and blocking will do to this fabric? I also look forward to making this in wool fingering weight.

Jo March Mitts
Fat Squirrel Speaks Orange KAL, Jo March Mitts
Pattern: Kristi Johnson
Yarn: Blue Sky Alpaca Sport in Orange on size 3 dpns.
Amy Beth has been doing an Orange KAL and I have been late to enter. I have until Sunday to finish if I hope to be eligible for the many exciting prizes. The pattern is interesting but I need solitude to do the thumb. Wish me luck that I get both done by Sunday.
 
Past FO Friday project- things that I have shown you, but now they look so much better blocked.

Guernsey Wrap
The color is a little washed out in this shot.
 Guernsey Wrap

Miami Beach Shawl
Miami Beach Shawl

That's it for this Friday of FOs. I am finally finished with school and have the next week off to luxuriate in the freedom of summer vacation. Then I start back for six weeks of summer school; I wil be teaching 4-6 year old students with vision impairments. Don't worry, it wil be half days and I will have two weeks in August before school resumes. Why does summer have to be so short?



Comments

Erin Mcdonald said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andria said…
There is so much awesomeness going on in this post I can't even begin to pick a favorite. Great knits!
Inky077 said…
I agree! I don't know which one I want to try first?
scubamonkey said…
You've been a busy lady! I especially love the owls - will go and check out the pattern as I have loads of scraps yarn :-)
dorothee draft said…
Love your Miami shawl !
I have some Firefly on the needles now....it's going to be a hat....

Lovely, lovely projects....and so not teaching summer school....
Stephanie Stoll said…
So many great projects! The owls are adorable! :)
WonderWhyGal said…
Look at all of those great projects! You sure have been busy.
Anita said…
Hi Erin,
Great little owls you've made there,
they are so cute. I bet they were fun
to knit. Love your other pieces of
knitting. Helps shift away stress!!
Cheers, Anita.
Michelle said…
So many pretties! Of course, at least one of them had to end up in my queue.

The owls are really cute, might have to find some leftover yarn and give those a shot myself :)

Popular Posts