FO Friday

Magic Cake Ruffle Shawl
Magic Cake Ruffle Shawl, pattern by Paula Emons-Fuessle
Yarn: random assorted lengths of yarn from the De-Stash table at Common Cod Fiber Guild's Fiber Camp. (Some of the colors were donated by Alasdair and I love knowing I incorporated some of his creativity, albeit extremely indirectly, into this project).

This is my third Magic Cake Ruffle Shawl. I know, I know, why three? I guess I just can't move past the fascination of how the colors will look as I finish row after row.  The construction of the cake is described in this pay-for pattern, along with the magic knot technique. The other delight in this shawl is the Suspended Bind Off. I do love doing it and it makes casting off the 600 plus stitches more fun. I know, hit me on the head with a knitty-noddy.... I know, I am crazy!!  One modification I use when knitting this pattern is to begin the new color at the start of a row, it looks cleaner to me that way.

The garter ridges are so sculptural.

My first shawl was knit from a magic cake created by Mel and Barb at the Maine Knitting Pipeline Retreat.
The second shawl was from yarn de-stashed from a friend. I recently sold it, I never took a picture of it finished.
Sanibel Cowl
Sanibel Cowl, free Berroco pattern by Beth Ann Paustian
Yarn: Berroco Boboli Lace on size 6 needles.
I have made a number of these cowls and love the length and drape of color as an alternative to a necklace. The yarn is a gorgeous array of blue tones that I fell for while visiting the Iron Horse over April vacation. I find this such an easy pattern to work on while chatting with family or watching a movie. Simple but beautiful....
Another view of Sanibel Cowl
Brickless
Brickless, pattern by Martina Behm
Yarn: Interlacements, Toasty Toes in the Turkish Carpet colorway, from Virginia Beach Knitting Retreat, size 6 needles
I bought this yarn at KnitWits while on my Virginia Beach Knitting Retreat. I fell for the 560 yards of bright jewel tones. My friend Julie also bought a skein and we each knit a Brickless. This is another easy to follow, paid-for pattern that I can work on while in the company of others and not make mistakes. I still have not blocked it and I expect it will look even better when stretched out.

If you want to look at other recently Finished Objects click this link to Tami's Amis.

Comments

Oh pretties......I also love cowls...I'll have to try the Sanibal
elns said…
The colors in your project are so fun!
Cleo said…
All three are so pretty!

Popular Posts