Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Onward, Neutral KAL

Onward by Shannon Cook
 I can't show you all of the details of this project, as it will be a gift to be given shortly. Sorry, but you will need to wait to see the whole she-bang. I cast on this past Saturday and it has been flying along. I just started skein three so I am at the half way mark.


Pattern: Onward by Shannon Cook, from the book Journey
Yarn: Lion Brand Baby's First, size 11 needles

The pattern calls for different, smaller gauge yarn and smaller needles. The fact is, my daughter wanted to knit a blanket from these skeins but never did get to it. I am trying to de-stash and it conforms to the Neutrals palette, so I started knitting a swatch early Saturday. Once I arrived at the drape that I liked, I cast on. The pattern is very well written and after each set of six rows, you are given the stitch count. By doing that, there have been no mistakes or tinking backward. I like when it runs on this way, don't you?


So leave a note if you have been inspired to go through your stash to knit something in a Neutral. I'd love the company!

No comments: