Nymphalidea and Frosted Hat for WIP Wednesday

Nymphalidea
It is Work in Progress Wednesday and I am working yet again on my Nymphalidea. It has ben languishing; there was a mistake to tink back to and this pattern takes a tad more concentration. It is not hard at all, but I can get myself all messed up if I am not attentive to what I am doing. The color of the yarn is so inspiring and I have a few tops it will go well with so I am setting a goal to get this done. Not to mention it but one of over a dozen projects that are awaiting some attention and love. How is it my average of WIPs always hovers around 12??????


Pattern: Nymphalidea by Melissa Vermeer. Free pattern, Knitty Fall 2013
Yarn: Madelinetosh Sock in the Bearded Iris colorway and Louet Gems Fingering Weight in Navy on size 4 needles.

The directions for this shawl are easy to follow and the skill set requires you to knit, purl, K2tog, yarn over. I do like working on this, but I guess it becomes stale when a new item flashes its way onto the needles. I am more than half way finished, so I pledge to work on it for the next week. Maybe I can cast off even sooner than that?!


Pattern: Frosted Hat by Amanda Lilley
Yarn: Cascade 128 Tweed on size 5 needles.
I am on a hat kick! I forget how quick they are and how well they assist in the stash busting! This will be my third hat in a week if I am able to finish it by Sunday. It seems to be working up quickly, So that shouldn't be a problem. I am coming down from the exhilarating 12 days of Christmas break where I had no real demands on my time and I could knit to my heart's content. Now that I am back to work at the high school, knitting is my sanity saver!
This pattern calls for a size 5 needle and the stitches are so beautiful and plump. The ball band recommends using needles 10-10.5. I do love how the tighter gauge really makes the yarn sing. I am trekking away on the 6 inches of ribbing and then free sailing should happen once I get to the stockinette.  The second color will probably be an off white/natural, but if I find something more splashy in stash, I may go with a bright contrasting hue. I am not a colorwork girl, but I am hoping this toe dip into that pool will encourage me to try something a little more challenging in the next set of projects.

<Photo to be added>
What is on your needles this Wednesday? Have you set any finishing goals for the week? Oh, perhaps you are not the obsessed knitter. Lucky you!

Comments

Carol said…
I knit the Nyphalidea in a KAL last summer and really enjoyed making it. I used CE's Vail with the Zauberball and ended up having a lot of drape which I wanted. Keep going - I know you will love it!
elns said…
It's funny I thought I was going to knit up a storm over my time off during December, but holy heck was I busy. Oh well. If anything I've entered 2015 with such a knitting zeal, it's sort of embarrassing :)Your shawl looks great and that tweed yarn is going to be fantastic. 3 hats this week AND 12 WIPs average? Whoa, I bow to you!
Oh the Nyphalidea is gorgeous...
Vivianne said…
The colors you've chosen for your Nyphalidea are just lovely :)

Popular Posts