Friday, January 2, 2015

What's on my lap? AKA What's OTN

The Rikke Hat, coordinates with my phone case!
It is usually.... "What's on the needles?", but since I have a short attention span (and many things on the needles), I have renamed this "What's on my lap", a little meme for my prodigious self. Note that I do not willingly admit to having Knitter's ADD? I follow knitter/designer Jill Wolcott on Instagram,  she often does a snap shot of what she has on her lap and it inspired me. Another thing she does, I want to share with you in a later post. Jill creates worksheets for getting your projects in order. More on that later....


Pattern: The Rikke Hat by Sarah Young
Yarn: Tigger's Teddies by Jocelyn Ann Sertich, Gilroy CA (This yarn is not in the Rav database).
I have made this hat a few times and it always get grabbed up and I gift it away. It fits so comfortably and it features the yarn so well. I knit it flat so that I can skip purling and then I seam it up later. I know some folks knit it as the pattern is written, knit one row, purl one row, or knit in a short row kind of style where you wrap and turn in order to knit only. I slip the first stitch in order to make seaming easier and more neat.



2 comments:

Gracey is not my name.... said...

Lovely yarn....I, too, have too many things on the needles for the OTN...I like your idea...

Amanda Lilley said...

I have been wanting to knit this hat! Great color choice. Now, to find more time to knit. .