Saturday, June 27, 2015

Finished Object Friday, off the needles...

Blue Eyes Blue


Blue Eyes Blue
Pattern: Topography Kerchief, by Melissa Stadja
Yarn: Lana Grossa Meilenweit 100 Fantasy Stretch, Cygnet Superwash DK, unlabeled cotton DK on size 6 needles.
I was finally able to give this to my sister and can now safely share the photos. This was such a fun project to knit and the yarn did all of the work. I will continue to keep an eye out for self striping types of yarn for future projects. I do love this pattern!

Divergent Series


Divergent Series 
Divergent Series, by Jenny Faifel
Yarn: Cascade Yarns Heritage Paints 150 in Dahlia, Cascade Yarns Heritage Silk in Primavera on size 5 needles
This started as a Mystery KAL and I lagged behind the finishing thanks to work and limited knitting time. I love the shade of bright green and the variegated blend of pinks and greens. I think this will be worn often. I love the colors and the shape of the cowl.  Can you tell I have not mastered the art of selfie?




Dropstitch Scarf Neutral KAL
Dropstitch Scarf by Christine Vogel
Yarn: Cascade Yarns 220 Superwash Sport in Natural on size 6 needles
I started this back in August when I did a challenge of knitting with only neutral tone yarns. It has lingered in its project bag because it requires me to be focused and I made so many mistakes that I avoided finishing. That is one of the good things when you are clearing out UFOs, they are often so close to be finished that you wonder why you avoided it for so long. I love the stitch definition and may make this again in a variegated yarn.


Stitch House class photo!
Puffin Pal
Kit by Kelly Corbett of Romney Ridge Farms
I attended a needle felting class with Kelly Corbett of Romney Ridge Farm at Stitch House last week. This toy was fun to make and I do like the technique of needle felting. I have a fox kit to work on soon, this guy needs a buddy. If you are interested in taking a class with Kelly, be aware that there will be another Stitch House workshop this summer. Kits are available at Stitch HOuse and on the Romney Ridge website.

This post should have been posted on Friday, but I wanted to give the shawl to my sister before this went out into the world. What have you finished this week? (Please know that a number of these projects have been on the needles forever! I did a big push to finish up some projects that were 75% done already).

1 comment:

Bridget said...

What a lot of great things! I would be happy to have any/all of them, I think the shawl is a fabulous gift.

You have been busy!