Friday, June 19, 2015

June 19 Finished Object Friday

Just a glimpse, Blue Eyes Blue
Blue Eyes Blue
Pattern: Topography Kerchief by Melissa Stajda
Yarn: Lana Grossa Meilenweit 100 Cotton Fantasy Stretch, Cygnet Super Wash a gift from my daughter brought back from her trip to Oxford and an unbanded/unknown cotton Lion Brand fingering weight, on size 6 needles.

This just a section of the FO, but to be fair, as it is a gift, I won't show you the whole thing until I give it to the recipient.
I have made this pattern before and though I deviant from the directions in my gauge, I do love love love the concept of choosing a color to knit in garter stitch, making it stand above the others as a visual pop. The sock yarn does all of the work as it is self striping. I ordered it on eBay for a good price but I think I will be on the lookout for this type of yarn to hold in stash for a future project. I urge you to consider adding this pattern to your Queue or Favorites. It is a mindless knit and progress goes quickly.



Fiber Camp Magic Cake Ruffle Shawl
Pattern:Magic Cake Ruffle Shawl by Paula Emons-Fuessle
Yarn: Assorted leftover yarns, knit on size 7 needles
Another pattern I have made multiple times. I don't get bored with doing them repeatedly, rather, I find ease and comfort in knowing it will be potato chip knitting. I find, especially at the start, Magic Cake knitting is very hard to put down. The anticipation of seeing the next color emerge is incentive to do 'just one more' row. I used a picot bind off rather than a ruffle. I know some say picot is tedious, but I disagree. I love seeing the little notches add up and casting off was achieved in two sittings.

Picot edging is super stretchy.

I should have a full photo of these two up next week, after blocking. Will you accept them as finished sans blocking?

I hope you are enjoying good weather a fun knit project and the company of people who make you smile.

No comments: