Wednesday, What I am working on.... July 1, 2015

Clouds

Clouds
Clouds
Pattern: Clouds by The Knit Cafe Toronto
Yarn: Grignasco Kid Seta, S. Charles Collezeine Ritratto, size 8 needles
I cast this on back in December; it has been in a project bag at my mum's house and I never really worked on it much. Now that I have cast off some of my bigger shawls, I am choosing to work on projects that are near completion. This isn't really near the half way point but I have been zooming along since picking it up on Sunday. The pattern is one I found on the Knit Cafe design page and I think it will be an interesting wrap. You can't tell from where I am at now, but this will become a long rectangle and the colors will be knit in random striping as I move further into the design.

Navarra
Navarra
Navarra
Pattern: Navarra by Berroco Design Team
Yarn: Cascade ECO + in the Amethyst Heather colorway on size 11 needles
This super long wrap/scarf is for my sister. The Amethyst Heather is such a beautiful colorway, as you can see in the close up. This is a Maine project, one that I work on while sitting and chatting with family or watching TV. It is a simple enough pattern and I do like seed stitch but it does get to be a bit boring. I use a stitch marker to mark my starting point and will aim to knit for a certain length of time or number of inches. That way I know I can jump to another project before going into trance mode.


Poppy Fields
Pattern: Poppy Fields Sweater by Kristen TenDyke
Yarn: Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Worsted in Amethyst on size 9 and 10 needles.
This sweater is the test knit I am doing. I can't say too much just yet, but I am loving the detailed pattern, the tutorial links and the techniques I am learning. The color isn't so much a pink as it is purple.

Loose Ends
Loose Ends Quaker Yarn Stretcher Boomerang
Loose Ends Quaker Yarn Stretcher
Pattern: Quaker Yarn Stretcher Boomerang by Susan Ashcroft
Yarn: Loose ends of stash in worsted and bulky weight on size 11 needles.
This is an interesting concept and I like the results so far but the end result is going to be more of an artsy piece and perhaps not so appealing to everyone. I have gotten to the point where I am using the lengths of yarn to knit a section rather than changing colors after the length of loose ends has been knit. I like the texture of this but I do not think I would mix yarn weights in my next project.

TIP
Work in Progress Wednesday is a good way to reduce the number of UFOs (unfinished objects) that may be surrounding your knitting chair. I have been gathering project bags to see what they hold and if the project should be completed or frogged. Than I decide on one that is close to completion with the hopes of it becoming an FO on Friday sooner rather than later. I just finished a number of projects that had been lingering, long rows of border stitches on shawls can be very daunting when you really just want to be on to something new.

Consider joining us on the Ravelry East Coast Knitters forum page. You can easily add a picture of your WIP and a few details and members will cheer you on with encouraging comments!

Comments

elns said…
Oh yes, WIP Wednesday always gets me to focus on a row or two, no matter how tired at the end of the day. I found a random pair of In Progress socks this week. I'm dedicated to finishing them this weekend :)

Per usual, you have a lot of lovely things on the needles!

Love Navarra! You chose such a lovely colorway with that textured pattern. It really sings together! Your sister is a lucky lady!

Popular Posts