Monday, August 17, 2015

Making Monday, Drawstring Bags

A Day at the Beach Drawstring Bag
Cabanas Drawstring Bag
I found this beautiful fabric in an online shop and ordered it back in May. I really liked the detailed and colorful illustrations. I brought this fabric stash to Maine with me, but had no sewing machine until I splurged on one last week. There are two beach prints, and a quaint village print made in a new style of project bag. The bags are made of quilter's cotton weight fabric, lined and soft sided, as they are not reinforced with interfacing. They have ribbon drawstrings and measure 8" tall, 14" wide and the box-pleat base is 4" across. I have pressed them and hit them with a light spray of starch. They are washable, I would let them air dry, or dryer tumble with a risk of shrinkage. The price on these bags is $22.00; I believe you will be pleased with the quality should you order one. They will be listed in my Etsy shop (there is a link to the shop at the top right corner of the blog).




Sunny yellow lining

Village Square print, lining available in golden yellow or off white.

I do love the quaint New England shops portrayed in this fabric.
I plan to add some new prints to the shop in the coming weeks. There are still a number of beautiful decorator fabrics that need to be sewn into zipper style bags. Keep checking back for updates.



No comments: