Making Monday, Diane Ivey and Lady Dye Yarns

Lady Dye Yarns
I had the pleasure of listening to Diane Ivey speak of her journey into becoming and indie dyer at the Common Cod Fiber Guild a few weeks ago. Lady Dye Yarns is a locally produced, skein by skein operation, Diane's color inspiration is based in the graphic tagging, street art and graffiti found in the local environs. Her growth has been on a trajectory over the past few years, the rockets are ready to blast her into the next orbit. She is doing and IdieGoGo fund raiser if you would like to contribute to her goal of raising enough funds to lease space and hire a business manager. I just checked the web page and today is the final day to contribute, anything you donate will stay with Diane as she raises funds for the next step in her business. You know I push for knitters to support local artisans and this is a perfect time to donate, show you care!

Yes, the yellow is that hue!!!!
Yarn for sale at Guild night, an array of colors.
Worsted weight.

Stunning color combinations!
Happy brights to warm you in the cold winter weather!
Image imported from Melanie Berg's Drachenfels pattern page.
Pattern: Drachenfels by Melanie Berg
Yarn: Lady Dye Yarns Fingering Weight in on size 6 needles

This is the current version, love the tones of green.


This is the first attempt, the colors are gorgeous but the wedge proportions are off. 
I have liked this shawl since it was featured on the Top Twenty Patterns last fall. I added it to my Favorites and then Queued it when I saw that Heather of Highland Handmades was doing a KAL (Knit A-Long) in her Ravelry forum group. I like the way the pattern blends colors to create another hue, and I think the multi colored skein from Lady Dye will be the exciting pop of color.
I must say, the garter stitch is fun, but the pattern needs a bit of attention paid as you knit the sections. I started once and redid it with new colors when I realized I had not followed the directions. Here are the two images, the blue is the attempt with bad reading of pattern steps.

What are you working on now? Share in the comments!

Comments

Popular Posts