Thursday, November 12, 2015

What am I working on these days?

My second Puerperineum Cardigan
Hello!! I have been here the whole time, just remiss about getting posts written. I miss you and hope all is well with you and your knitting projects.

Today is a patch/replacement for Wednesday WIPs. I missed posting a Wednesday WIP because I was relaxing on Veteran's Day and never got any good photos due to the overcast conditions. I have been making some baby items for a friend at work and this is my second Puerperium Cardigan. While I knit, I watched a few new podcasts I want to share with you. You know I am a die hard fan of The Fat Squirrel Speaks and The Fiberista Files, also my friend's The Knitting Dish, but I found three new ones that you should check out.

Susan B. Andersen's 1-2-3 Chickdee Shawl

Susan B. Andersen
You may Susan from her many varied pattern designs, kid's toys, hats, and shawl! Plus, she is the queen of the" full hand-knitted socks drawer" photo meme some have posted. Her latest episode tells of her finished Antrorse Sweater and a new shawl pattern release. I have already down loaded the  1-2-3- Chickadee Shawl and now need to stash dive and dig out my Knitting Pipeline Chickadee skeins (from two years ago) for this shawl. It looks like easy, relaxing knitting and the shape is versatile.  I love Susan's easy style of delivery and her voice, her pattern tips, and yarn sourcing help are very interesting.  I also love hearing about her connections to other knitters, designers, and retreats. There are quite a few episodes, if you are into binge watching. As I am. LOL

Such a striking and beautiful "maker"
Tiny Paper Foxes
This is a brand new podcast and I only happened to find it because I had been watching Susan on YouTube and it was near the top of their knitting podcast list. The episodes are long, but oh so interesting.(Plus, for me, long episodes help me to just keep knitting). Jennie, the host, has a style and presence that I enjoy, she has a gorgeous cat co-host, and she is enamored of Madelinetosh. Watching her queue of FOs and WIPs has me craving those MadTosh colors now. I also enjoy hearing of her desire to create a handmade wardrobe. She is knitting sweaters and shawls, and making skirts to create an outfit. That has inspired me to search for some patterns and join her in the "Handmade" endeavor. The other great thing about this podcast is her husband is a professional photographer and he does  brief segments describing ways to improve the quality of your WIP and FO pictures.

Nicole of Hue_Loco podcast
Hue_Loco
Nicole is an adorable bundle of energy with cool YouTube "How to" Videos on dyeing yarn and other helpful, crafty skills. She has great color sense, knits with high quality yarns and has a number of designs I have queued for future knitting. She lives in Colorado and actually grew up with and knows the host of the Homespun House podcast. She only has a few episodes, but I love what I have seen so far. Note, she has a pattern and video tutorial on making a project bag. And she shows how to do dyeing in your home. I forward to more from this inspiring knitter!

Leave a comment with the name of the podcasts you want to recommend! Happy Knitting!

No comments: