Finished Objects January 8, 2016

Faillyn Cowl
Faillyn Cowl
Pattern: Faillyn Cowl by Heidi May. Pay for pattern on Ravelry, $5.50
Yarn: Lion Brand Wool Ease Thick and Quick in Barley colorway on size 15 needles
You may have seen this pattern as modeled by an adorable 4 year old, complete with ears and a captivating smile. My sister loved the cowl but wanted it for snow shoveling weather, so we made some modifications. I wish I had been able to take a photo of the cowl on Jackie, but perhaps in the next weekend trip to Maine I can do that.
The pattern goes so quickly, given the bulky yarn and the size 15 needles, I think I made this in an afternoon. The buttons are from the collection my mom has at her house. This is a sweet gift to make, for any age.

Faillyn Cowl

Top Down Baby Bunting
Top Down Baby Bunting
Pattern: Top Down Baby Bunting by Amanda Lilley. Pay for pattern on Ravelry, $4.99
Yarn: Vanna's Choice, in Dusty Blue on size 9 needles
I have made this pattern once before and I so enjoy the many techniques. Amanda gives you clear directions for the cables, buttonholes and Kitchenered hood seam. It does require a bit of knitting experience, but I think you could succeed in making this by using YouTube if you are unsure. It moves quickly on larger needles and in a worsted weight yarn. The buttonhole allows you to buckle the carseat over the infants legs.

The Sweetest Thing Cardigan
Pattern: The Sweetest Thing Cardigan by Melissa LaBarre. Pay for pattern, $6.00
Yarn: Red Heart on size 7 needles
I have been enjoying these baby patterns as I have a co-worker who just became a grandmother. She has been the person behind these commissions and it is leading me to more knitting for other moms of infants. It is rewarding to make a sweater in short time, so much speedier than adult scale knitting.
This pattern is easy to make and the band of arrow stitches is simple to follow. This photo shows my buttons before I corrected the line up, the stitch design isn't even, I had to re-sew the buttons.

Gulf of Maine
Gulf of Maine
Pattern: Gulf of Maine, Elizabeth Smith. Pay for pattern in Ravelry, $3.00
Yarn: Lamb's Pride Brown Sheep Worsted in Prairie Fire, Persian Peacock, Blue Flannel colors using size 8 needle.
I scored some gorgeous Brown Sheep Worsted on Ravelry this summer, a member was de-stashing 8 skeins of beautiful colors for half the retail price, so I bought them. The pile of skeins sat on the sofa, near where I knit, and the combination possibilities often had me setting down my needles to create color stories. I found the pattern in my Favorites, it is by Elizabeth Smith of Brown Stitches. She also works at KnitWit in Portland and I have oogled her cowls while shopping. The finished object is lush and rich, and the garter stitch just sings. One modification I did to the pattern was that I knit it flat in order to just knit. I seamed it, but when I make this again, I will knit in the round.

What have you finished lately? If you would like, share the info in the comments box below!
Happy knitting....

Comments

elns said…
Beautiful knits!
mommar6 said…
I love what you have done so far. Is that all garter stitch thus far? Then you plan to do seed stitch in a different color to distinguish a new month? I love this!

Popular Posts